KIDS UNLIMITED ACADEMY SCHOOL LEAD CUSTODIAN BILINGUAL (Full Time)
Kids Unlimited is looking for a responsible, dedicated, and reliable bilingual school custodian to provide skill and leadership for our custodial crew. The hours are 1- 9pm which allows the lead custodian to supervise work occurring on the day shift and evening shift.
Duties will include vacuuming, mopping, general cleaning, cafeteria support, grounds cleanup, and minor maintenance as needed. Responsible for ordering supplies and cleaning materials.
•One year custodial experience preferred, specifically within a public or school setting.
•Bilingual English/Spanish Language skills.
•Experience with carpet and hard floor cleaning equipment such as extractors, scrubbers, and buffers, as well as the knowledge of proper procedures for carpet and hard floor maintenance.
•This position must possess and maintain a current, valid Driver License.
•This position is designated as a critical, security-sensitive or safety-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal Background Check.
•This position requires Lead work and Supervisory Responsibilities skills.
The worker must be physically able to perform all assigned duties, and operate assigned equipment. Workis done inside a building but does involve some outside work, at times in inclement weather. Work involvesthe use of dangerous chemicals. Some ladder work is required.
•Ability to work with a flexible schedule when needed.
•Must be willing to travel and work at two different sites.
•Ability to work safely in an environment containing potentially hazardous electrical equipment, fumes,vapor, gases, and/or materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
•Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
•In depth knowledge of standard cleaning procedures.
•Strong background in handling, mixing and using cleaning chemicals in a safe manner.
•Ability to perform physical tasks constantly
•Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
•Exceptional communication skills both English/Spanish in order to be able to understand and carry outwork orders.
• Ability to work with a high level of productivity and accuracy/attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive,cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the school with the ability to establish andmaintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to adapt to and work effectively in a fast paced environment which requires regular interaction with a number of levels within the organization.
• Working knowledge, or ability to quickly learn, school infrastructure, policies and procedures and special conditions
•Must be willing to travel and attend training programs off-site for occasional professional development.
•Must be able to work additional hours and adjust working hours to meet special jobs. May be called back periodically to perform work as needed on an emergency basis.
•Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.25 to $14.75 /hour
Principal Kids Unlimited Academy