TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: – August 13th – End of the school year; School days & Professional Development days ONLY (does not work during school vacations or summer). This position does not include benefits. +/- 190 days depending on school requirements
POSTED: August 7th
OPEN: Until Filled
SALARY RANGE: Hourly position. $15.00 an hour.
HOURS: 6 hours per day. 10:30 am -5:00 pm – This includes working in our Kids Unlimited Afterschool Enrichment Program and leading a Project Lead the Way class.
Nature of Position:
- This position will assist the 6th – 8th grade Project Lead the Way teacher during the school day. Project Lead the Way is a project-based approach to teaching middle school science.
- 4 hours supporting Kids Unlimited Academy Project Lead the Way Teacher in the classroom
- 2 hours leading and instructing an afternoon 2-hour Project Lead The Way Enrichment class
- The candidate must thoroughly enjoy working with students, as well as have the innate skills to respond appropriately to student management issues.
- The candidate must have a desire to work in a community-based charter school with a reputation for serving the needs of both the underserved and those families who believe in the mission of Kids Unlimited Academy.
- Successful candidate will need a demonstrated aptitude for STEM within a hands-on, project-based learning environment.
- This position requires the candidate to have experience working with technology and helping youth use technology
- Due to the nature of the class, the candidate requires organizational skills, communication skills, solid team skills and strong interpersonal skills. The candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Spanish/English Bilingual preferred (not required)
Kids Unlimited Academy